Friday, September 25, 2009

Memories of India

Over the past three years, Chris and I traveled to India twice and have had our world view changed.

We fell in LOVE with the people of India. I have never experienced such hospitality in my life, and I grew up in the hospitable south. The Indian people we met often gave of the very little they had, whether sharing a bag of chips, a bottle of coke, or serving the best chai tea I have ever had (beats Starbucks any day).

But overall, it was the poor, homeless, and orphaned children who stole my heart. I wanted to share some pictures. I will never forget the girls in this first photo. The older sister is caring for her younger sister. She asked for food, not money. The people in our group gave her the food we had in our backpacks and she immediately began to feed her sister some crackers.



This child is in one of the slum houses. As you can see, no pants, very cold outside.



School Days







My hubby with his sea of admirers.


No comments:

Post a Comment