Saturday, June 5, 2010

Before and After Shots

Hey there,

I want to share some before and after shots of some updates we have done around the house. First, the kitchen. We have had red paint in our kitchen for years and wanted to go with something more neutral. A friend, who is a very talented decorator, recommended a slightly darker taupe to enhance the neutral tones in our kitchen/living area. It turned out great. The last thing we need to do is add our hardware to the cabinets.

Notice in the pictures, it turns from day to night. I just had to finish it in the same day.




Changing the color on our island book shelves








Next, I found this dresser at a garage sale. It's in excellent condition and made of maple wood. I paid $40.00 for it. I gave it a light sanding, painted 2 coats of this beautiful, light honey milk paint, added hardware, and now we have a new dresser for our guest room. 




Enjoy your creativity this week! 

Much love, 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jess, I love before and after pics! You guys did an amazing job in the kitchen. I love the color, and how awesome are those island bookshelves?!
    The dresser is fantastic! It's amazing what a fresh coat of white paint can do. Looks great!! Thanks for sharing these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacey!!! It was fun to have a vision for the dresser and then see how it turned out. I know you all continue to do an amazing job with all your updates too. Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete