Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sad News

Chris and I have some sad news to share with you. While I was in Austin on Tuesday getting our paperwork apostilled, I received an email from our adoption agency. They stated the owner of the agency needed to speak with us ASAP. My first thought was "this can't be good." I immediately called Chris and forwarded him the message. Thankfully, I had one of my girlfriends with me along for the ride.

I finished getting the paperwork signed, and received a phone call from the owner of our adoption agency at 1:30. She told us that the little girl we thought would be our daughter is no longer available for adoption. Her father had been in prison, was released, and did not want to waive his parental rights. Our hearts ache over losing the child we thought we were going to bring home, and at the same time we know God has a plan. We just can't see it yet.

We know we will continue to move forward with adoption. We just don't know how that looks right now. We are not sure if we continue with Ukraine, another country, or domestic.

Please continue to pray for this sweet precious girl. We do not know much about the circumstances to which she is going back to, but God knows. We believe her father must be showing some kind of love, as he is fighting to keep her. Pray for her protection, for love to be poured over her, and for someone to share Christ with her and her father.

Please pray for us as we grieve this loss - for wisdom, clarity, and timing to move forward with the adoption process. We will be speaking with our agency this week and asking some hard questions. Pray that through this pain we will glorify God.

Much love,
Jessica

3 comments:

  1. OH NO!!!!! My stomach dropped and my eyes are filled. I can not describe .....and yet can not fathom. Yet- a feeling so familiar for us. Loss is GREAT and seems unbearable. PRAYING!!!!!!!!!!

    Praying for clarity in the plan. Praying for forward movement and the new path. Praying especially for the healing for you both, and for your little girl that will always be in your heart!!!!

    Praying that God covers your home in love, grace, and peace for your broken hearts. If you want someone to talk to- we are here....if you e-mail I will give you our phone number.

    Adoption loss to many is not "as big of a deal", but that is sooo FARRRRR from the truth! PRAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are so comforting and appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to pray over us during this time.

    I will email you soon, and send my number to you as well. By the way, I am from Louisiana - Ruston to be exact.

    Thanks for your love over us.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been following your blog privately for a while, and couldn't not comment on this publicly. Not sure if you remember me, but I worked with you at JPI years ago (my last name was Elliott then) and stumbled across your blog after discovering some fertility issues of my own. I know you've had such a struggle and I just wanted you to know I'm rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete