Saturday, July 18, 2009

Surgery Is Over

Close to 4 years later, we have some progress concerning our infertility issues. I feel so grateful, I want to share. Why share this? With infertility, you can't give or gain enough support. By sharing my story with other women, I hope others will see they are not alone regarding their questions, hurt, pain, and more questions.

About a month ago, I found out I had 2 polyps in my uterus. (Had - meaning I am now polyp free). I underwent a hysteroscopy this past Thursday, which in lay terms means going under, having the polyps removed, and waking up with no clue about what just happened. I received great care from my wonderful OBGYN to the team of nurses and anesthesiologists at Baylor Frisco. I'm very thankful my nurse administering the needle into the vein in my hand waited for my OBGYN to distract me before doing it. She had skills.

I did have a cool encounter in the recovery room after my surgery. Barely awake, I heard my sweet nurse say to me, "I have had to go through some of this myself." She mentioned something about her children and I asked, "How many do you have?" She said she adopted twin girls from Russia. Not only did the Lord put someone in that moment who could relate with where my heart has been for awhile now, He also allowed me to share with her our plans to adopt. It was a spiritual comfort during a time of physical discomfort.

Now what do we do now the surgery is over?

I am low on my progesterone levels, which I'll discuss with my OBGYN in a couple of weeks. The low progesterone levels seems to be more common these days in women my age from what I understand. I look forward to having my body feel normal again, and I am hopeful for whatever God has planned for us.

What about you? Can you relate?

No comments:

Post a Comment