Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wonderful Surprises

A couple weeks ago I went to the bank, and as I walked out a lady approached me and asked, "Is this your car?" My response... "Yes, why?" She accidentally backed into my vehicle, parked, and was kind enough to not drive off and wait for me. The damage was not terrible, but enough to have the paint chips, a little ding, and a small tear fixed. 

I was able to get her insurance information, call in a claim, and was referred to a paint and body shop by the insurance company. What is the wonderful surprise? God's complete provision. 

It was Tuesday morning, and I walk into the Paint & Body Shop. It is family owned and they have been in business for 26 years. I walk in and have to wait for the rental car company to pick me up. While waiting (for a little over an hour), I talk with the owners about many things. One thing in particular - kids. They talk about their grand kids and how they adore their time with them. And then I was asked, "do you have any kids?" I am so thankful to be at the point where I can share with others what God is doing in our lives. So, that is exactly what I did. I spoke about Journeymark and what the purpose of the business is, and do you know what God did? He provided something for the business. 

The sweet lady mentions she quilts and wants to offer baby quilts for Journeymark. I am completely in awe and say, "I would be so grateful." On Friday, I went to pick up my vehicle. She had completed the top sections of two quilts, and I love them. They are so very sweet, and something that she will be able to bless others with by using her gift.

You see where I am going with this? My car was hit, while parked, for me to file a claim and have the insurance company suggest two options for me to take my car to get fixed. I chose this particular shop, waited for over an hour on the rental car company, and now, Journeymark will offer baby quilts. How precious God's surprises are in our lives. Be sure not to miss them. 

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE that God is in the details of our lives. I LOVE that even in the "inconvenience" of the car situation you saw God all over it. I definitely want to be involved...let's talk more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE the blog!!! I'm going to add you to my blog and send out an email to all my friends! Love and miss you! Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this. Sometimes I tend to clam up and not want to discuss my infertility with others -- but you never know when God may use them, or you, for a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacey,

    the information you are sharing through your blogging has been such a blessing to me. I appreciate you sharing what God has taught you and is teaching you each day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, thanks so much for wanting to be a part of this journey...:) Email me or call me to let me know your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paige, thanks for your support and feedback on the blog. I so appreciate you wanting to share with others.
    Love you and miss you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you are doing! I saw your post on Melanie Peyton's facebook page (we went to college together). We've been swapping adoption stories. My family and I are in the process of adopting a little boy from Rwanda. Blessings as you continue your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the encouragement. Stories like yours are exactly why we feel God is leading us to do this. My husband and I would love to pray over your adoption process. Please feel free to email me to keep me updated at jessica@journeymarkcards.com. Many blessings to you as well.

    ReplyDelete